Thursday, August 11, 2005

Quality time with the folks

Magaidi
Magaidi Sr., small bro and 'tha nephew' arrived yesterday from Kenya. Its always good to see these great folk. I love my family My dad (Magaidi sr.) always dresses for the 'occasion' - had his sunday best on in this blistering New England heat. I quickly suggest that he sheds the coat and the 'sombrero'. Well ok - maybe just the coat. Small bro looks like he's on parole. His girl has been sending me text messages I suspect from the time he flew out of Nairobi - 'ask the dude to text me when he gets there' is the gist of the message she's been sending. I oblige. Budding Love...soon they'll find out how difficult long distance relationships are. I couldn't do it, seen too many of them head south soon after the dude gets acquainted with other femmes on the other side of the globe. Soon they both realize - we're not married, we have no kids - oh - and is it really love or infatuation?...
'Tha Nephew' is a running nuclear energy plant. He seems to have taken it easier than all of them. No culture shock for this boy - no sir. He is quite at home, no shirt on, running around the place. I'm sure the next few weeks are going to be interesting. Sit back and unwind, with the old man. Can't wait! We head to NYC next week.

5 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Guessaurus said...

Enjoy the times with your family, it is nice when they can visit and I wish my family would. Of all my family, I miss my dad and my lil brother most. We are so alike and I am still Daddy's gal to this day. I envy you (even though its been only two weeks since I saw my family)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

have a nice time

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Ms K said...

Hey have fun!!!

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Prousette said...

have a ball!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Magaidi said...

@ALL - Thank you guyz. Will do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home