Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hi!-atus!

Magaidi

It's easy to explain why i've been lost for a while. I've been posting to the wrong blog! all this time.

For those who care, I have updated my personal profile to give a little bit more information about myself.

Here, nights are muggy and the hot temperatures keep me indoors all day. It's funny how during winter we long for the hot weather for outdoor activities and when it gets here it's so bad, i'd rather be indoors all day! I'm outside today and at first it's not as bad as I thought. There is a guest DJ from out of town, never heard of the dude but the park is full of people, the loud blaring music grips your attention as soon as you hit the small dirt road up towards the gazebo.Its a reggae song, Morgan Heritage's 'No Hafi dread' I think. I'm puzzled at all the new faces I see in the area. Usually, one can tell the new ones but if you don't know the veterans, it's hard to know who's new. It's not so hard though, the fake accents usually give it away first for the new ones, if your 'bufu's' or 'fifa's' or 'roebeks' don't catch an eye first. I remember a coupla summers ago I met this young chic who'd just flown in from home at a house party upstate.

Me: Hi I'm Magaidi
Her: I'm nay-o-meee
Me: Nice to meet you Naomi.
Her: 'Preasure's' all mine.

Such conversations don't usually last long. Reminds me of a former schoolmate I met while at a new years party during the millenium turn. The guy looked like he'd been digging a hole all night long. A few pleasantries exchanged and I find out he's just flown in. The flight he boarded left Nairobi for Dubai, Dubai for Amsterdam, Amsterdam for Heathrow, Heathrow for New York, New York for Atlanta. He took a 45 minute bus ride from the airport to his destination. This dude had been through a bunch of time zones, flown a million miles and still had the energy to party! Suddenly I feel old.

7 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger akiey said...

Welcome back Magaidi & errr...which wrong blog is this you've been posting on?
Nice, funny take on newbies (no offense, I may be a newbie in a new place soon,lol!)& the accent thing. Btw, is it just me or...the longer someone lives abroad, the more Kenyan the accent, delicacies & other tastes? Donnoh, may be am lost on this.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....blog infidelities should not be encouraged at all...lol. nice to have you back. Interesting take about pple newbies....btw PATS suck..hehehehehhehehe

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Guessaurus said...

You've been gone too long dude - er, and that 'wrong blog' address, you sharing?

That take on newbies was so funny - and that guy that had flown through coupla time zones, wow man people have energy, I would have been dead for like 3 days straight.

Welcome back, Magaidi.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Magaidi said...

Akiey, it's too embarassing to tell. If you're a newbie someplace, I say watch and learn first. It's true, the further away from home you are, the more you want of it ergo, longing for Kenyan - everything.

msanii - I'm seeing a counsellor about my blog issues now lol. Hey we got some fresh signings and kept our man Brady. I say we're going for a three peat this year too! Be scared of the Pats!

G - I missed you too girl! About a month ago I suspect a dude slipped me a mug of that lethal brew that's killing peeps in Machakos. Since then, I cannot remember 'where i've been posting'. Ain't that something?

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@magaidi..preciscely that their talents level has not dropped off makes me LOATH them more. plus i;m still holding onto a grudge 01' they took out my beloved STL Rams

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Magaidi said...

Msanii...I hate to tell you this but that game was dubbed 'silence of the rams' in my vicinity. It actually made analysts rethink their ideas. It was good to be the underdog.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

talk about creeping back ati u were postin in which blog tena????
hope u dont disappear again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home