Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday Morning Breakfast.

Magaidi
Its a Monday. I think i'm usually more tired on Mondays than I am on Fridays but I had a great weekend. This lifestyle we live. We have a tradition here at our office that each Monday one of us brings breakfast in for the rest of the team. Its my turn today..I forgot. In my defense, last week's dude brought it in on Tuesday. I actually remembered on my way to work but I was running late. My boss remembers when i'm late regardless of whether I was bringing in breakfast for the rest of the crew or if I was fishing and noticed a blind kid drowning and I had to save him and won an award but I digress. That's the other culture here at work. Last week's breakfast dude brought in bagels with cream cheese - no coffee, no ice water, no orange juice, nothing! You have to wonder if he eats dry bagels for breakfast in which case I pity him. The lovely mother-figure lady had a buffet the monday before. I make sure my turn is not after her's - I can't live up to that. People have more questions about why breakfast isn't available today than they have regarding daily work.That's why we get 'alot' done here.Frankly this is one tradition I can live without. I rarely eat breakfast and by the looks of some of them, they might need to skip a meal a day.

4 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger M said...

Wape chapati madondo and strungi

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

how bout a mornin sermon:preach on preach on... see how fast the idea is abandoned

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol@skipping a meal that is cruel...crispy cream works all the time....

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Magaidi said...

@M - niliwapa maziwa, boflo na keki ya ladha ya ndizi. Walipenda kiasi na sikuwa na chochote cha kurudisha nyumbani. Come to think of it, if there's ever a lunch session - nawapa malenge au sio?

Nick - My quarters are close to a church and if I had my way, those bells would be so gone, I'd ban morning prayers.

msanii - Nice. I'll keep that in mind. I actually love krispy cream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home