Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Mother's day mom!...and other issues.

Magaidi

Yesterday was a very important day for me and other 'spoilt!' sons and daughters around the world. My mom tells me that her phone kept ringing or beeping the whole day. I had to wish her a happy mother's day! Love you mom. She keeps asking when we'll be travelling home to see her. My sis and I plan something this December - and we'll be surprising her! Show up un-announced!


OK now back to business: I promise not to mention anything about Lucy Kibaki - well atleast not on this blog, I figure anything more I have to say will be overkill, plus i'm hoping we've moved on from that. I have spent some time working on other projects. Sim, of the excellent Swahili Cafe invited me to make a contribution here and there so I've contributed kidogo there. There is also wind that I might be headed to the West Coast, Los Angeles to be exact - Job related though - next week so I needed to plan afew things. My impression of LA, each time I visit is that it's too ghetto (if I may use the term) - and the traffic is enough to drive a sane man completely berserk. Afterward I intend to go chill in Long Beach for two days before heading back East.


I have a few things on my mind amongst them changing the design of this site. Any suggestions will be welcome - i'm actually looking for pointers so call me, e-mail me, send smoke signals, holla however you can - i'm listening!. I'll be addressing those within the month.

A.O.B
Celtics unceremoniously lost in game 7 to Indy. OK - so they wouldn't have gone anywhere because anyone out of the east has to face Shaq and the heat but my disappointment stems from the fact that we missed a golden opportunity to send Reggie Miller unceremoniously off to the sunset! I can't stand that dude!..

5 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger Adrian said...

come on, reggie deserves some love - at least for the many times he's torched the knicks...

i hope he goes hot against the pistons a few times.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Magaidi said...

Adrian, that dude is the sneakiest! (if tehre is such a word) player in the NBA, well if you leave out Ron Artest. This guy? Takes cheap shots at other players when refs aren't looking. No wonder he's never won a championship.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once i have found someone who shares the same sentiments as i do on Reggie. I can't stand that skunk!!!

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@magaidi...reggie heard what you said and knocked down some timely shots.Right now i support dude because i do not care for the pistons(yeah its futile)... but on any other day mr. clutch is Flopper extraodinaire. One thing though that push on jordan..didn't jordan do the same exact thing in the utah series?

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Magaidi said...

Msanii, true. That shot by Jordan drives Carl Malone crazy. You can see clearly he pushed the dude away. I guess when you're a superstar - /correction/ - mega superstar in the NBA refs let you get away with some. One the other hand, Reggie is ridiculously crafty. He makes your blood pressure rise. I completely completely!! understand Spike Lee's frustration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home