Tuesday, March 29, 2005

DC Trip? A Bust!

Magaidi

So I left this here joint on Friday and shamelessly advertised my pending exploits and tour of Washington DC with the usual rigor, charm (or so I'm told) and excitement of a five year old with the prospects of a lollypop sometime in the near future. See now this is the problem

When you live in a huge geographical region like I do, the subtleties of small country and driving vs. flying debates are not issues to be handled lightly. Anything over 7 hours drive east west or otherwise is an automatic fly-zone for me. Granted, we arrived at the rental office pretty much on time having completed a reservation on-line. Anticipation building, we were all smiles until the clerk informed that on top of the $300 charge for the rental we needed to part with an additional $200 for surchages and other fees. I say heck!... buy me a one way ticket on the concord for that price. Needless to say, the trip has been postponed to next weekend. Baby gal took it well: I was devastated!

Yes! These situations are never planned for so the next day, you find yourself doing such curious tasks as:

1. Liquefying the extra tomatoes in your fridge just so they don't go bad.
2. Grating garlic for future use.
3. Shredding huge onions to a pulp in your blender to marinate a chicken.
4. Shredding receipts from gas stations inadvertently in your blender with the onions.


All in all, baby gal and I had a great meal. Afterwards I cut my toe nails and drunk a bottle of cheap indian beer: 'Taj Mahal'. " My frrrriend, it's the best of India you should trrrrry it" sanjay, the only propietor of an indian store on main street had told me last week when I popped in to get some of the best mango juice their is south of the north pole, his wife seconded it. It's like drinking sweetened sisal juice if you ask me.

I will also be tabling a list of 100+ things about me. It's still in the works thanks to G,Ms. K, MJY, Nick and M among many others.

In this I wish to quell the following rumors that have been spreading around:

1. I have not once ever!eaten a whole chicken by myself
2. I don't value my blender more than baby gal!..This just ain't true.

7 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make a very nice salsa if you now blend the onions, tomatoes and garlic together. Then add lemon juice and pili pili. I like my blender too:-)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Magaidi said...

@Mshairi - That blender has taken my confidence to a new level. Now I can make salsa? heheee!! maajabu kweli. I'll try it...now Ijust sound like an infomercial

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

weh kijana bado am waitin for
-that music collection plus a ka-sema single emailed to me(for those reading it that is not piracy?)
-and where is ur 100 list

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger M said...

Then what are those feathers in your car bana!!! Confess! Umekula kuku!!!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Magaidi said...

@Nick

I'll send it over leo hii! and my list is on the way.(was carousing in DC over the weekend which is another story coming).

I heard MJY handed you yours on a silver platter? W'sup with that? heheeey!....

@M

It's no secret we feasted on 'ingokho' specially made by my main man Elijah "Kasindeh" in the rack after partying in Vihiga on another one of these episodes.I strenously maintain that my serving was but a drum stick. Kasinde took care of the rest of it.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh this is interesting.... :)

er..if you liquify those tomatoes and don't use them pronto...? Fermented tomato juice!

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me give you some points on the 100 + things about yourself.......

Mean, guess who!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home